Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Rolling Exhibition

I heard about this guy through a class taught by Joanne Woiak, called Disability and Society. Interesting class about a topic that I previously didn't know much about, which is part of the reason why I'm in college! Learning and thinking are great fun! The class provides good discussion material for me and my friends, or anyone who cares to talk about the way society's perceptions of people with impairments creates disability.

Anyway... the guy's name is Kevin Connolly. He has no legs. He travels the world while sitting on a skateboard, pushing himself down random streets, taking photographs of people staring at him. It is a unique form of travel. He has a unique perspective. I like that the people he photographs are staring at him because his unfamiliar body is different and visually arresting... but Connolly's collection of photographs shows just how wildly different ALL of humanity is. I like it.

The link:

The Rolling Exhibition

No comments:

Post a Comment